Resourcery Group are working with an innovative business with a multiple service offering who are looking to bring on board a Management Accountant to support the Financial Controller. This is a hands on Management Accountant's role and it is a great business to work for.
This is a newly created role for a recently qualified accountant to join the Finance team with responsibility for accuracy and delivery of management accounts and reporting for two sites, including budget and forecast preparation. Month end responsibilities will focus on completion and submission of monthly management accounts on a 3-day reporting cycle, submission of supplementary financial and non-financial information, and full ownership of balance sheet reconciliations. Outside of month end, the role will also take responsibility for reviewing and developing revenue recognition and sales reporting processes with the wider operational teams, challenging monthly recognition basis in preparation for audits, and reporting directly to the Finance Director ahead of month end revenue reporting.
This role will also be a key contributor to planned system upgrades and implementation projects for new operating systems currently under review as well as supporting the FC and FD with continual process improvements and ad hoc reporting. The key points of contact for the role are the Finance team, Financial Controller, Finance Director, Site Directors, wider operational teams, Customer Services and Billing teams, CFO, Business Development.
Main Duties include:
- Production and submission of accurate and timely monthly management accounts for specific sites
- Submission of additional monthly analysis and KPI reports
- Ownership and completion of month end processes the key reconciliations
- Updating the Fixed Asset register and posting depreciation
- Calculating and reconciling rebates, WIP, and central recharges
- Produce rolling forecasts and annual budgets, liaising closely with Business Development and Site Director
- Support for the wider Finance team, including absence cover and development of junior team members
- Developing and managing financial systems processes, policies and procedures
- Development of commercial and Finance review processes to support accurate revenue recognition
- Ad-hoc reporting and projects as required
The ideal candidate:
- Recently qualified CIMA / ACCA Qualified
- Minimum 2-3 years' recent experience in similar roles across SME companies
- Advanced Excel and report building skills
- Strong communication skills and experience liaising with finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Experience of working under own direction and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities, with accuracy and an eye for detail.
This role is commutable from Stockport, Alderley Edge, Macclesfield, Marple, Buxton, Chapel en le Frith, Poynton, Disley, Prestbury and Whaley Bridge.