Our client is a £50m t/o organisation with strong strategic vision and growth ambitions that they are looking to achieve. This Procurement Manager & Legal Services position is key to delivering some of their financial goals around Value for Money.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Provision of an efficient & effective procurement service across the organisation, including robust contract and supplier management;
- Ensuring that the organisation remains compliant with all impacting procurement legislation;
- Meeting cost reduction targets and embedding a culture of VFM throughout the organisation;
- Advising on business and legal risks;
- Preparing and advising on all commercial contracts (including MOU's, NDA's, etc);
- Provision of a first line legal and insurance service, including advice to colleagues/senior management and liaison with the organisation's external insurers and legal advisors.
- To obtain and demonstrate delivery of the best value goods and services for the College. To identify and work with key stakeholders in delivery of a culture of VFM and cost/efficiency savings.
- Deliver agreed KPI's, e.g.
- Quarterly savings/avoidance report
- Managing Approved Suppliers - additions, declines, deletions, on stop
- % of active suppliers accounting for 80% of spend
- Procurement ROI%
- Manage the organisation's contracts and key supplier relationships providing legal and risk advice and to maintain the organisation's Contracts Register.
- Mange the tender process including use of eTendering systems. To examine specifications of major purchase items to obtain savings and minimise costs and risk and to ensure large value contracts are let in accordance with all procurement legislation and regulations to set timescales. To establish and lead appropriate cross-functional teams through the tendering process.
- Ensure key procurement processes are lean, fit for purpose and actively supporting Financial Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
- Delivery of training and support to key process users and early intervention when non-compliance identified.
- To provide legal advice and support to the management team acting as liaison between the organisation and appropriate legal advisors for all legal issues within the organisation (excluding HR).
- To actively advise on insurance and risk issues in conjunction with senior management, Health and Safety Advisor and others to minimise the potential for liability claims.
- Responsible for carrying out a spend analysis review in order to identify and develop savings opportunity assessment and ensure compliance with the organisation's rules and procurement legislation Where possible external bench marking shall also be used to support this assessment.
- To support, challenge and develop the Procurement Assistant role