Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a large PLC based near Knutsford who are looking to recruit an ACA qualified Group Financial Accountant to play a key role in the successful delivery of the Group function.
The role is much more expansive than the title suggests - the Group Financial Accountant will, of course, take ownership of the the preparation of Group's statutory accounts, ensuring all subsidiary accounts are produced in line with regional regulatory requirements. As well as produce detailed financial information for annual tax packs, lead on the external audit and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems. However, the role also require the Group Financial Accountant to:
- Produce consolidated monthly Group Management Accounts and reports as well as reports for the Senior Executive Team and the PLC Board.
- Assist with the implementation of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and build out reports with the management reporting framework, as well as perform ad-hoc analysis to aid commercial decision making.
- From a Month End/ General Accounting perspective you will be expected to process day to day accounting and payroll entries, prepare the month end reconciliations and related tasks which underpin the PLC accounting for areas such as share options/accruals etc.
- Perform month-end close and year end close procedures.
- Perform cash management and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare the budget/reforecast for the PLC Company.
This is a well-rounded and balanced role that will provide a fantastic exposure to Board level stakeholders in a Group function of an extremely well-run PLC. As such, your understanding and insight into the workings of the business will provide a fantastic platform from which to launch your career with the business. Working closely with the likes of the CFO and FC you will be learning from industry leaders, helping to accelerate your career and provide a platform from which to work towards a future leadership role.
Applicants for the role of Group Financial Accountant must be:
- ACA/ICAEW qualified (Big 4)
- Have worked in Industry and ideally a complex PLC environment
- Possess Group experience
- Possess a working knowledge of Hyperion or HFM