This is a key role in a diverse and busy Group Finance department that deals with multiple locations around the world in multi-currencies. The role is based in the Group's global headquarters in Warrington and is responsible for the production of Group reporting, maintaining an adequate system of records and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
To include, but not limited to:
- Group consolidation of results and forecasts;
- Preparation of accurate and timely weekly, monthly and annual financial information including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow;
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Fleet finance lease accounting and control;
- Preparing central functional budgets and consolidating the Group's annual budget;
- Supervision of Treasury function;
- Preparation of VAT returns and ensuring compliance across the Group;
- Ensuring internal controls are in place;
- Liaising with Divisional Finance Teams across the globe to resolve issues.
- Liaising with external auditors and local government authorities across multiple jurisdictions
- Management of Sage X3 system across the global group, liaising with external support providers;
- Deputise for the Group Financial Controller when unavailable;
- Ad-hoc financial projects.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An enthusiastic and positive "can do" attitude
- The attitude and ability to meet challenging and multiple deadlines
- Teamplayer, willing to proactively support team members and business partners
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experince of working with Sage and excellent Excel skills demonstrated during application.