Resourcery Group are recruiting for an operationally focused Finance Business Partner on behalf of a £50m t/o UK subsidiary of a global Engineering group.
Resourcery Group are working in partnership to ensure our Engineering client identifies not just a capable Finance Business Partner but a potential future business leader with the ambition to become a Financial Controller over the next 3 years. If you are a qualified accountant, with a strong analytical approach, a sound understanding of the commercial and operational drivers of a business, excellent non-finance stakeholder management skills and you are career orientated, then read on.
Situated in Warrington, the business is close enough to the likes of Liverpool, Chester, Preston and Manchester to draw talent from far and wide. The global Group has a rich heritage in the Engineering sector going back some 80 years with their products and technological expertise driving industry-wide innovations and advancements.
The business in the UK turns over in the region of £50m and due to an internal restructure and promotions the opportunity has arisen to recruit a right hand to the Financial Controller. Working as an assistant to the number one Finance person on-site you will enjoy a privileged and autonomous position taking responsibility for financial control, reporting and profitability performance of two key business divisions with a combined turnover of c.£10m. This will bring you in to day-to-day contact with senior Operational and Commercial/Sales staff with whom you will be expected, as a Finance Business Partner to help improve margins and profitability driving real change a a business level. As such, prior experience working in an analytical role supporting Sales, Marketing or Operational shop-floor teams would be very beneficial. The general responsibilities include:
- the provision of insightful and accurate analysis and commentary on monthly business performance focusing on margin improvement
- Streamlining and improving reporting for multiple divisions and department proving essential financial support to new business opportunities
- The monitoring of the BOM and ensuring stock obsolesce is controlled
- The on-going reporting and analysis of complex projects, reporting hours worked, controlling cost and ensuring the profitable delivery of services in a contract-led environment
- The controlling of spend, tracking changes and cost over-runs, understanding technical risk s and challenges and ensure forward forecasts are robust
- The preparation and reporting of all income statements and balance sheets.
If you are interested in learning more please ensure you :
- Are CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified
- Have non-finance business partnering experience
- Have worked in an Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, FMCG environment and have an understanding of project-led businesses, stock and inventory management
- Have a strong MI and analytical bias