Commercial Finance Analyst - reporting directly to commercial manager onsite a leading manufacturing organisation in Middleton Manchester.
Principal responsibility is to provide analytical support in reviewing all aspects of business unit performance, including sales, profitability and cash flow performance.
Responsibilities will include the following;
* Business partnering - critical review of business unit financial performance with investigation into drivers of variances vs budget/forecasts.
* Support year end processes - support Head Office Finance processes related to year end and statutory reporting
* Supporting local business units - provide input and advice to business units relating to various deliverables, including capex requests, performance reporting and process completion.
* Cost management - track and review capital and operational spend against expectations to ensure variances are appropriately investigated
* Project work - contribute to the delivery of key Finance projects that add value to Vita business performance.
* Report preparation - closely involved with the production and review of key Group reports
* Risk management - work on internal audit assignments, review control processes and prepare regular risk reports to ensure Vita business and financial risk is appropriately managed
* Data capture and analysis - support the Finance team in managing data collection processes for specific projects/requirements.
* Cross-functional working- collaborate with Treasury and Tax to deliver team-wide improvements in processes.
Key features of the role include;
* Responsibility for reviewing, interpreting and communicating business performance to the management team.
* Some overseas travel to other units may be required from time to time.
* Working in a highly visible role with senior management and other operational teams (IT, procurement etc).
* Expected to cover for other Finance team members during absences as required.
* Qualified accountant, likely up to 2 years PQE
* Manufacturing experience is beneficial, but not essential
* Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliverables in order to meet Group reporting deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills, able to interpret and explain financial performance to multiple stakeholders
* Highly creative, with an ability to generate, critique and realise ideas that create value in the Group Finance team.
* Solid Excel skills (lookups, Pivot Tables macro/coding experience helpful but not essential)