IR35 will most definitely change the way that Interim Contractors interact with their clients from April 2020.
Key areas for consideration:
- Does the role allow for the contractor to send a substitute in their place, at their own cost?
- Is the contractor responsible for sourcing and paying the substitute?
- Does the client have the right to refuse the substitute?
- Does the contractor have to accept work?
- Is the client obliged to provide work?
- Is there an obligation to work out termination periods?
- How, when, what and where?
- Choice over hours, need consent for time off?
- Control over the manner in which the work is completed?
- Part & Parcel – is the contractor treated or do they act like an employee?
- Own equipment?
- Does the contractor have line management responsibility for the client’s employees?