Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a +£350m UK business based in Warrington, part of a larger global Group, to recruit a tenured UK Financial Controller.
Working in tandem with the UK Finance Director and managing a team of 6-8 qualified heads in the UK Reporting, Tax and Treasury team, the UK Financial Controller is both sounding board and confidant to the Senior Leadership Team and UK Board supporting strategy delivery through tactical planning and change management. The UK Financial Controller will be the focal point and leader within finance providing direction to the business's financial reporting, tax treasury and compliance teams. The role of UK Financial Controller plays a central role in medium and long term financial planning simplifying the corporate structure and driving increased value add service to the wider business.
The business is currently under-going a period of change which is impacting all facets of the Warrington business. Warrington is becoming a focal point for UK finance and the UK Financial Controller will help deliver the creation of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a Shared Service Model. In addition to the wider corporate change, the business is also integrating and consolidating work from elsewhere in the UK in Warrington. The turnover responsibility is thus set to almost double. So at the heart of this role lies the ability to work with autonomy and ambiguity and to manage change and rapid change at that.
The role takes ownership of:
- technical financial reporting,
- statutory reporting for 20 plus legal entities,
- PLC consolidated accountant and associated Group audit work,
- Group consolidation system development as well as annual budget and forecast/re-forecast preparation
- as UK Financial Controller you will also ave oversight of the UK Treasury and Tax functions, Pension and Legal obligations.
These day-to-day responsibilities are set against a backdrop of change:
- legal entity simplification project
- statutory account automation project
- streamlining intercompany accounts process
- Group consolidation system development
As you can see this is a change management leadership role that requires a strong technical background, excellent people management and team development skills and the ability to influence at the most senior level in a large turnover, foreign-owned business. If you are:
- ACA qualified
- Have experience of managing large group consolidations
- Have experience of managing wide-scale change projects and excellent communication skills capable of influencing at all levels with senior stakeholders
- Have an eye for detail and strong technical bias
- Strong team and people development skills
Please contact the team at Resourcery Group for a confidential chat.