Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a £600m t/o PLC to recruit an experienced Senior Commercial Accountant to provide strategic, commercial and financial insight, advice and support to key business managers.
The Senior Commercial Accountant will act as a key finance business partner to several key commercial and operational stakeholders across the business, reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance and supporting the FD. Operating as a right-hand and confidant to the Head of Commercial Finance you will help drive and deliver performance enhancement through improved MI, commercial reporting, cash flow, forecasting and operational efficiencies.
Given the size and complexity of the business and the critical nature of the position, the successful applicant must be able to display high levels of both intellectual and emotional intelligence. As Senior Commercial Accountant you must be both commercially and operationally aware and capable of driving behavioural change across a range of non-finance stakeholders at levels both above and below you in the organisation chart.
The role is broad incorporate aspects of Finance Business Partnering, Commercial Finance Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, Management Accounting and Transactional Finance.
The role covers such areas as:
Forecasting & Budgets
- Develop and own financial business planning and analysis
- Deliver enhanced business performance insight and reporting including regular forecasting, commentary and identification of performance variances, ensuring that it is easily understood and fit for use by the business
- Reporting and preparation of weekly, monthly, 12 month rolling forecasts
- Annual Budgeting preparation and review as well as regular forecast updates
- Daily Sales and Operational KPI's, includes knowledge sharing and understanding across organisation
- Prepare, co-ordinate and review weekly forecasting for submission to Senior Management team and Group
- Advise & guide senior managers ensuring that business decisions are underpinned by sound and appropriate financial planning, analysis and expertise.
- Undertake financial modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support effective decision making and improved business performance
- Effectively manage and develop key relationships with senior stakeholders - providing advice & key financial information to help inform strategic decisions
- Variance analysis and reporting - building commercial awareness across the business
- Responsible for regular commercial review of the company results, with a strategic view to help drive improvements in both process and performance
- Management of purchasing decisions and contracts as well as procurement of from live markets on a daily basis
- Management and review of contracts ensuring optimal purchasing decisions and adherence to terms
- Commercial and financial support to the business advising on purchasing options daily
- Cash Flow Reporting and Management internally and to Group deadlines
- Consolidation of company forecasts from all areas of the business
- Financial modelling and improvement of reporting and analysis
Applicants for the role of Senior Commercial Accountant should be:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified Accountant
- Be a strong commercial and operational stakeholder manager and possess high levels of EQ
- Possess strong Financial & Commercial acumen, robust and confident decision making and influencing skills.
- Possess Strong analytical skills and business partnering experience.
Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies.
Resourcery Group have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading businesses, from owner-managed, PE-backed to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach.
Resourcery Group specialise in the identification, attraction, resourcing and retention providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified markets for Industry & Commerce.
Please visit our website: www.resourcerygroup.com for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.