Resourcery Group are working with a Manufacturing business in North Greater Manchester who have a new requirement for an experienced manufacturing/cost accountant to join their finance team. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within finance at a manufacturing business and will be able to demonstrate this on application and through the screening process.
I am keen to speak to accountants whether qualified or qualified by experience. You will be working closely with your colleagues in the finance team but also with operations, therefore strong communication skills as well as technical experience is a key attribute for this role.
The business are a growing organisation who supply their products to a range of well known branded retailers and support services across the UK and Europe. A well supported finance function this role offers the right candidate an opportunity to show their skill set and flourish in a outstanding growing business.
- Ensure creation and maintenance of finance data, pricing and costing data to the highest standards
- Carry out monthly manufacturing review of data versus actuals creating cost variance and further understanding of waste and yield
- Assist with annual review of all costing to support budget process with responsibility for compiling the manufacturing cost model
- Timely and appropriate maintenance of the costing and pricing databases, and customer service price files
- Provide business modelling "what-if" scenarios
- Work closely with New Business Development to provide costings for potential launch products
- Create estimate sales pricing guides with margins for speculative business
- Set up new estimates and pricing as per business need
- Understand and develop bill of materials and routing to provide a more accurate cost base
- Support Financial Controller in writing and producing reports as per needs of the business
- Review margins and challenge the sales team for margin improvements
If you are passionate about cost accounting and want to support the operations of a business understand margins and their bottom line better then this is the role for you!