As Management Accountant, you are the responsible for the operational and financial management of the business through reporting, forecasting and analysis. The role will also be expected to drive continuous improvement of processes and will have full line management responsibility for some members of the finance team.
Areas of responsibility:
- Preparation of the management accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparation of reports for external funders
- Support departmental managers, acting as Business Partner, to effectively manage their financial budgets with a commercial and strategic approach
- Proactive, effective and encouraging management of the finance team and an integral part of the Leadership Team
- Manage the annual budget process including sales, indirect costs, balance sheet, cash flow, consolidation & analysis
- Establish and maintain systems for the accurate and timely recording of income and expenditure and assets and liabilities
- Responsible for both the monthly and weekly payroll, including submissions to HMRC
- Prepare consolidated VAT returns (with partial exempt status)
- Ensure adherence to all internal/external audit requirements and support management responses to audit findings.
- Focus on continuous improvement and developing the quality and efficiency of financial information throughout the organisation.