Resourcery Group are working with a growing and acquisitive company on the Fylde Coast who are looking to strengthen their team with an additional Management Accountant.
The Management Accountant is a key role within the business, with direct responsibility for accounting and reporting of all the entities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ownership of the month end process, including preparation of the management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and control, and detailed variance analysis on expenditure
- Production of monthly financial performance reports for executive review
- Bank and cash management, including short-term and long range cash forecasting and balance optimisation
- Developing and maintaining forecast models and ownership of the annual budgeting cycle and rolling re-forecasting routines
- Preparation of the year-end audit files and key point of contact for external auditors
- Preparation of VAT / CT tax returns / coordinate with Group tax advisers
- External reporting to EFL and other related organisations
- Responsibility for intra-group transfers and reconciliations
- Support the continuing professional development of other junior members of the finance team
- Provide financial support & analysis to the Heads of Department to enable their understanding of the financial performance for their areas
Knowledge and skills
- Highly developed understanding of financial/management accounting practices
- Advanced Excel / MS office ability
- Competency with SAGE or similar financial accounting software
- Experience in business partnering
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Passed finalist / newly qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Minimum 5 years experience in a finance role
- Degree educated / strong academic background
This role is commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Lancaster, Lytham St Annes etc.