Resourcery Group are working with a great property company based in Manchester City Centre who are looking to bring on board a qualified Management Accountant for a newly created position.
Working closely with the Finance Director your role will be to support the company's ambitious growth plans, and will take responsibility for monthly management reporting, financial reporting, improving management information across the business and implementing new processes and controls. This role also includes some corporate finance duties.
- Liaise with the Quantity Surveyor to produce monthly project P&Ls and cash flows
- Prepare detailed management information for the management team and Board including analysis of P&Ls against budget.
- Perform analytical review on monthly management accounts and gain clear explanations for all variances from expected out turns.
- Prepare detailed commentary on the monthly management accounts for review by the Finance Director.
- Work with the external accountants to oversee the bookkeeping process and to ensure that statutory returns (annual returns, statutory accounts, PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax) are prepared and filed with all appropriate authorities in good time.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of budgets and forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows) and prepare budget commentary for review by the Finance Director.
- Oversee the issue of Loan Notes
- Reconcile incoming data from Corporate Advisors, Lead Providers and Agents,
- Reconciliation of new debenture sales.
- Manage inflow of funds to meet cash flow requirements and report to Finance Director.
The ideal candidate:
- The candidate will have a hard-working, forward-thinking attitude, with the ambition to progress their career.
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data to both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Forward thinking and with a strong commercial outlook
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative.
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and of the property development process would be an advantage.
- Very good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.