Resourcery Group are recruiting on behalf of a global financial services business in Chester. A world reknown business with a truly global scale and footprint, they operate an industry-leading finance function from the Chester HQ. As a result of on-going regulatory and Brexit challenges the business has identified the need to recruit a Legal Entity Controller to lead on financial reporting, statutory accounting and some regulatory reporting.
As part of a wider team of 12 and acting in a supervisory capacity over several team members, the Legal Entity Controller is a stand alone role but one that influences across the senior leadership team. As such, applicants must possess not only the technical IFRS and USGAAP knowledge but also the leadership skills to supervise junior team members and gravitas to interact with the C-suite. The role is a newly-created position in response to Brexit demands - having created new legal entities in Paris and Dublin. The key focus of the role is:
- Supervisor within the UK Controller group
- Support monthly reporting cycle including reporting pack production, various P&L, expense and balance sheet reviews, particularly within the banking entities
- Statutory reporting supporting production of annual financial statements of regulated and statutory entities, leading the statutory process, technical discussions and board sessions
- Excellent control role focus across entities
- Accounting development work and leadership
- Monthly controls, covering legal entity close controls, suspense account reviews, balance sheet attestation, corporate cost centre review and intercompany break clearance
- liaising with external auditors, providing directly and managing supply of auditable support from other functions
- Assist on wide variety of ad hoc projects, both business and IT, from design, functional requirements, testing, to supporting implementation and procedures documentation
- Providing financial and accounting input into LEAR process for legal entity actions e.g. ownership and capital changes. Provide technical expertise on all elements of company acquisition, liquidation, equity actions and restructures
- Be Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Possess excellent controls mentality
- Ability to lead and control technical debate
- Ability to understand group accounting, consolidation and impacts of restructuring across GAAPs
- Large company or practice accountancy background
- FRS 101/IFRS/US GAAP Knowledge
- Management and supervisory experience
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts (standalone and consolidated) and liaising with auditors
- Experience of banking format accounts and financial services products
- CaseWare/Oracle and SAP knowledge
Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies.
Resourcery Group have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading businesses, from owner-managed, PE-backed to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach.
Resourcery Group specialise in the identification, attraction, resourcing and retention providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified markets for Industry & Commerce.
Please visit our website: www.resourcerygroup.com or call 0151 345 9040 for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.