With over £60bn in funds under management, our client is looking to bring on board a qualified accountant on an interim basis as their Investment Accounting Manager. This is a 6 month assignment which can be based in Liverpool or split between Liverpool and London.
- To take responsibility for the investment accounting reporting and valuation assurance of the investment portfolio including securities and derivatives as well as private market investments.
- Manage a small team of strong and capable individuals
- Ensuring that the investment portfolios are accounted for effectively and that transactions are reflected appropriately
- To apply a controls assurance framework in accordance with policy and best practices
- Provide oversight and reporting over SPV, private equity/hedge fund assets etc.
- Financial control over private market deals and transaction support
- Provide challenge and support to senior management ensuring investment valuations, pricing verification and investment reporting is fit for purpose
The ideal candidate:
- A qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent
- Be able to work in Liverpool with occasional travel to London or be based in London 2 days per week with 3 days in Liverpool
- Have a strong financial controls and financial accounting/financial reporting background
- Ideally have financial services or property investment experience - preferably investment vehicles, valuation methods, pricing risk and fee structures
- Be available to start ASAP preferably or before Christmas