Resourcery Group are working on behalf of a leading Professional Services business based in Manchester to identify and recruit a Head of Management Accounts. The role would best suit a Finance Manager or Financial Controller with experience of working in a profession or business/financial services sector who has prior responsibility for the P&L and Balance Sheet. All applicants must possess a keen eye for detail.
The Head of Management Accounts works closely with the senior executive and is a important part of a well-established senior management team helping provide enhanced visibility and drive profitability of the business. The Head of Management Accounts plays a central role in enhancing commercial and operational decision making and as such the successful applicant needs to be able to work with a number of senior, often competing, stakeholders. The role is an expansive one.
Managing a small but capable team, the Head of Management Accounts will:
- oversee the production of the monthly management accounts as well as take responsibility for the preparation of the year end group statutory accounts and the statutory financial audit,
- produce the monthly Board packs and present to the operational Board,
- take responsibility for the annual budget process ensuring sound understanding of drivers of cross disciplines,
- oversee the preparation of VAT returns, ensure compliance and accurate reporting of Corporation, Personal and Indirect taxes,
- provide senior stakeholders and budget holders with detailed analysis of performance including supporting commentaries explain variances against budget,
- Cash flow forecasting, KPI setting and management, scenario planning, working capital management, profitability analysis, trend analysis, statistical reviews are all part of the day-to-day responsibilities,
- develop a small but capable team coaching and mentoring them to maximise their potential,
- implement and improve process and controls ensuring the finer details in finance are correct.
Suitable applicants will be:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA Qualified
- Have experience of working in a similar role be it Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Head of Management Accounts
- Be able to demonstrate driving a P&L through provision of commercial insight and establish robust internal and external relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Possess a keen eye for detail ensuring accounts balance and the finer details are correct.