Resourcery Group are working as a trusted adviser to a leading Manufacturing/FMCG/Consumer Products business who are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Finance to lead the finance function through a period of rapid change.
My client is c.£100m turnover and based within a commutable distance of the Merseyside region. Working closely with the CEO and Board you will take responsibility for a finance team of c.10. You will have full Balance Sheet and P&L responsibility, managing timely cash flow, preparing the budgets, quarterly forecasts and influencing at a strategic level offering guidance and advice to the CEO.
You will be adept at presenting to Board level stakeholders and external advisers as well as take a leading role in negotiating with suppliers. You will be aware of the impact of inflation and exchange rate movements and take steps to protect the profitability of the business and in turn shareholder returns.
This is a cost-centric role in a price competitive market. It goes without say that you will have extensive experience of working in an operational manufacturing environment, possessing the gravitas, self-belied and strength of personality to influence multiple competing stakeholders cross-functionally. You will play a major role in value creation and sit at the heart of major strategy decisions for the UK business. As such, you must possess high levels of EQ and not just academic intelligence.
Applicants should be:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
- Possess Manufacturing/FMCG/Engineering/Consumer Products experience
- Be factory facing on a daily basis and speak the language of production
- Exceptional cross-functional stakeholder manager from Operations, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, HR, Board level
- Six sigma, lean manufacturing, kaizen experience all desirable
- A strong costing background would be beneficial but not essential