Do you have experience of working for a large complex company in leading their data and financial analytics team? Have you played a leading role in developing their blueprint to provide better insight into the numbers for the commercial team? If so, this could be your next assignment. Having partnered with this company over the past 10 years, their journey and success to date have been a significant achievement and continues to evolve to remain at the forefront of their fast paced industry.
Our client is looking to bring on board a data and financial analytics expert to take them to the next level on an interim basis for the next 12 months. This is a commercial facing role at its finest and therefore requires an enabler i.e. someone who can understand the business impact and what drives the P&L. This role is the conduit of management information (MI) by using data and bridges the commercial finance and data insight teams. This company are scratching the surface of in terms of possibilities from a digital perspective and are looking for better ways to provide the granularity that the business requires.
Your role will entail:
- Being focused on key deliverables and playing a part of building a World Class Finance function
- Working closely with internal stakeholders within the commercial function to provide them with a better insight into the numbers enabling business decisions to be made quickly and efficiently
- Leading a team to bring the digital metrics to life
- Assessing the As-Is and developing the To-Be blueprint by challenging the team and translating the business questions by using data
- Improve report writing and create reports for better interpretation of the results and teach best practice to the teams
- Improving business as usual processes and re-engineer tools, metrics and ways of working
- Business intelligence - unlocking data by using SQL, Oracle BI, SAS, MS Power BI - understanding data science; the opportunities and limitations
- You may have come from an accounting background and made the transition into the world of financial/data analytics or potentially come from a business background and have a sound appreciation of data and how it impacts the P&L and commercial function of a company
- Have a proven track record in leading an analytics function in a large and complex business e.g. financial services, retail, utilities etc in a hands on role
- Has strong business partnering skills as there is a large degree of stakeholder management and not be afraid to get out into the business and challenge their way of thinking
- Be passionate about driving change, developing a vision and implementing it
- Have hands on experience of visualisation tools and SQL experience as well as leading a team
This data/financial analytics role is a 12 month contract based in the North West of England. For further information please email for more information.