Resourcery Group are proud to be partnering a leading specialist Financial Services business in Liverpool to recruit a Group Financial Controller.
This is a technically-orientated role taking ownership of the financial control framework driving forward efficiency improvements across systems, processes and controls to support external/internal financial reporting requirements. However, whilst technical and Group in focus, it is a leadership role and will work closely with and support the current CFO and over a period of years be mentored in to a position whereby as Group Financial Controller you will be able to step into a CFO role within the business or externally. This, as such, is an incredible career opportunity.
Whilst experience of working in a complex Financial Services business would be beneficial it is not essential. Yes, sector experience would make the transition into the business smoother and the impact felt sooner but this is a longer-term hire and has the potential to develop in to a CFO position. As such, emotional intelligence, gravitas, self-awareness, self-belief, confidence in one's own judgement, leadership capability and influence will all be prized as much if not more than academic excellent and IQ alone. It is a combination of both EQ and IQ that will secure applicants the role of GFC. The responsibilities of the role, as number two to the CFO, are wide-ranging but incorporate:
- being the main Finance point of contact supporting the Exec and Non-Exec governance;
- leading change activity across finance - systems, processes and controls;
- driving efficiency optimisation and cost effectiveness change programs;
- leading a high performing team and developing team members
- leading the output of the annual report and accounts, engaging with the senior leadership group;
- acting as the main point of contact for the external auditor partner.
Suitable applicants must be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified;
- Senior leadership experience;
- Experienced at leading change in a rapidly-changing corporate environment
- Exceptional stakeholder managers and posses high levels of EQ