Resourcery Group are pleased to be recruiting a Group Financial Accountant for one of the Northwest's most prestigious businesses.
This role reports into the Finance Manager and will work within a small team, encompassing management and financial accounting/reporting, Group statutory reporting and technical analysis, internal controls and processes, taxes and treasury.
The role is responsible for delivering the outputs of this team, namely preparing/reviewing all deliverables, including:-
Production of monthly management and financial accounts and associated commentaries
Group statutory reporting and associated technical analysis and interpretation
Production of VAT and Corporation Tax returns and associated expertise within the business
Focus on systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised and processes are scalable as the business continues to grow
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for both preparing outputs and managing a wide variety of deliverables within the team ensuring that your own and the team's deliverables as outlined below are produced on a reliable, relevant, accurate and timely basis.
Management and financial accounts/reporting:
- Production of monthly management and financial accounts packs to include analysis and commentary on all areas of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Control and reporting of Capex spend
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and controls have been applied, including the maintenance/development/improvement of internal controls reporting and all associated documentation
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and any issues dealt with promptly
- Production of Group consolidated and individual statutory accounts and drafting of associated press releases, presentation materials, Annual Report, Audit Committee papers etc
- Liasion point with external auditors.
- Review and analysis of accounting regulation changes and preparation of technical papers to propose and support accounting treatments
- Preparation, review and delivery of corporate and deferred tax calculations for statutory reporting.
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Assisting the Opex & Headcount Manager and Commercial Finance teams in the process for producing annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Working with the Systems team to continually develop our use of Board and Workday functionality and continue to migrate away from Excel based inputs/outputs whilst constantly seeking to maintain and improve the control environment
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Accounting qualification - ACA or ACCA focus on statutory and technical reporting.
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Experience of year end Group reporting process through to delivery of Annual Report and associated materials
- Ability to review and analyse data or complex technical accounting issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- The ability to form close working relationships with management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and influence them where necessary
- An understanding of the key drivers of the model and how developments or changes could impact from an accounting and tax perspective
- Proactive demeanour with the ability to offer constructive advice or solutions
- Insists on accuracy and self-checking by team members and a culture of review
- Handles problems with innovation and creativity
- Has excellent analytical skills and an ability to get to the heart of complex problems
- Focus on results and achieving personal work objectives
- Takes control, initiates action and take responsibility
- Manages pressure well and copes well with demands from a number of different stakeholders
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way
- Credible and trustworthy - someone that people will listen to and take notice of - seen as a "go to" person by colleagues.