Resourcery Group are recruiting for one of the UK's fastest growing businesses and one of the region's biggest success stories. Based in Crewe, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Group Finance Manager to drive improvements across the financial reporting team, improving processes and supporting a systems implementation in what is a rapidly evolving growth business.
As Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for leading the existing Financial Reporting function. The business has recently experienced change at a corporate level and restructured accordingly, resulting in the creation of a new Group structure and the decision to move from UKGAAP to IFRS as well as to implement Oracle. These changes will see the Group Finance Manager play a central role in the creation of the new consolidated Group accounts and the development of finance systems through a small team which has been created to provide business support for all Finance systems. The role reports to the Director of Group Finance and has responsibility for a team of 4 heads.
The key areas of responsibility from a Financial Reporting & Tax perspective are:
- Co-ordination of the annual Audit process and main poc with external auditors ensuring all findings are reviewed and appropriate action taken;
- Preparation of the Group statutory accounts (UK & Ireland, 9+ LEs);
- Ensure all accounts and annual returns are submitted on time;
- Managing the month-end consolidation;
- Responsible for the production of the management accounts and supporting schedule;
- Responsible for the intercompany process
- Developing a Group Policies Manual;
- Technical support for the business on accounting treatments;
- Quarterly Covenant testing and Compliance certificates for the Banks;
- Lead on IFRS Project;
- Co-ordinate the Corporation Tax returns for all legal entities (9+);
- Managing Transfer Pricing documentation across the Group;
- Supporting the Directors in strategic tax planning.
You will also manage the Finance Systems team (3) to:
Maintaining the Chart of Accounts, user roles & responsibilities, account mapping and system access;
- Period end tasks (e.g. nominal ledger close, updating FX rates);
- Assist in the migration of data from Sage to Oracle;
- Define and document the processes and controls ;
This is a career defining role and a pathway to a larger Group role in a rapidly-growing, forward-looking prestigious North West business. Applicants should possess:
- An ACA qualification, ideally from a Top 10 practice;
- Prior experience of working in a Group function and an audit background;
- The drive and motivation to work in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial business.