Resourcery Group are working in conjunction with a global US manufacturing business in the Merseyside area looking to recruit a Group Corporate Tax Manager - EMEA & ASPAC t work alongside the Americas Corporate Tax Manager and in support of the Head of Tax & Treasury.
You will be supported in this role by the in-house Tax Assistant, for whom you will share management responsibility with the Americas Group Tax Manager, and external advisers in relevant jurisdictions in theEMEA &ASPAC regions where the Group operates. In recent years, the Group has significantly expanded itsEMEA presence and it is envisaged that this is the area of focus for the role. Given this, you will be involved in M&A activity, managing the due diligence process and advising on structuring as appropriate.
You will be responsible for all corporate tax matters relating to the EMEA & ASPAC region, including:
- Country-level income tax compliance - overseeing the corporate tax compliance process across the region through relationships with external advisers and local business teams. This will include assisting in the oversight and central co-ordination and consolidation of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
- Working with the Tax Assistant in relation to the UK corporate tax compliance process, which is undertaken in-house.
- Maintaining good relationships with local tax advisers and tax authorities, and managing tax audits, together with the local business finance teams and advisers.
- Managing reporting under US GAAP in respect of both quarter end and year-end financial reporting, including ensuring processes are appropriate and in line with our SOx obligations.
- Advising and making recommendations in respect of transfer pricing issues, including supporting in the documentation, maintenance and oversight of compliance.
- Managing tax service providers, including keeping costs within Budget.
- Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with advisory projects including M&A, financing, restructuring and appropriate tax planning, implementation of the Group's tax strategy and providing advice to the business as needed.
- Chartered Accounting (ACA), Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or equivalent.
- Strong tax skills and significant exposure to International Tax. This can be from practice or a previous in-house role.
- Experience of USGAAP orIFRS tax accounting for group reporting.