Resourcery Group are recruiting for one of the leading employers in the Liverpool market, a household name and employer of choice. As part of their on-going expansion and strategy for growth, the need has been identified for additional support in the Financial Reporting team and, as such, they are looking to recruit a ACA or ACCA qualified Financial Reporting Accountant; ideally a first time mover from Practice or someone with 1-3 years PQE.
Working in one of the most prestigious businesses in the region you will be mentored and developed by an experience senior finance lead who shares a Practice background. As such, they have made that first step themselves and understands the needs and challenges newly and recently qualified Chartered/Certified Accountants face when moving into Industry and Commerce. To have such a mentor is rare and will ensure an accelerated career path within Industry - what a fantastic opportunity.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will play a pivotal role as part of a wider team in finance taking responsibility for:
- Preparation of financial statutory accounts and information for annual tax packs.
- Ensure the accuracy/integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems.
- Oversee the preparation of the Group's statutory accounts and subsidiaries statutory accounts.
- Oversee the Group annual audit and be the main point of contact with the external auditors.
- Ensure financial controls are in place and executed in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Liaison with external auditors for half year and year end processes
You will, as such, be exposed to a wide array of cross-functional stakeholders which will help accelerate your commercial and operational understanding.
The successful applicant should:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified from a Top 20 Practice background or with less than 3 years industry experience
- Possess a strong technical accounts background with experience of preparation of statutory financial statements under UKGAAP and IFRS.
- Be keen to be mentored by a tenured FC
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills