Resourcery Group are working in support of a high growth SME in the Merseyside area to identify and recruit an experienced Financial Controller capable of leading a finance function and driving growth both organically and acquisitively.
Due to the on-going expansion of the business the Finance Director has restructured the finance function in recent months and identified the need for a capable yet hands-on number 2 in finance. The Financial Controller will be the Finance Director right-hand and support commercial and operational decision making through the provision of first class insight and comment. You will be an experienced SME (over £20m t/o) Financial Controller with demonstrable hands-on man management P&L and Balance Sheet experience; as capable in the Board room as you are producing accounts.
My client is a complex business with a number of different legal entities and businesses within the Group. The business is also a higher volume business and holds a not insignificant stock position at anyone time As such, applicants from a similar background would be highly prized. The Financial Controller will be a qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record in financial controls and a strong technical grasp of accounting standards, ideally within a company with international reach. You will be responsible for providing first class MI and KPIs to the Board. The main duties included:
- Lead the management of all accounting operations
- Responsible for all aspects of reporting including MI and weekly/monthly reports
- Preparation of statutory accounts and co-ordination of annual audit
- Responsible for the statutory reporting and compliance with various statutory bodies.
- Working alongside the FD in relation to various ad hoc projects.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensuring all aspects of Financial Control are maintained, with a view to continuous improvements.
Applicants should be:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Experienced as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller in an SME
- Used to influencing at a Board level, operating at a hands-on level and managing a team (in excess of 5 people)
- Able to demonstrate a strong technical know-how and commercial acumen
- Experienced at working in a stock-led, high volume industry