Resourcery Group are currently working in partnership with an entrepreneurial Financial Services business looking to recruit an exceptional ACA qualified Financial Controller to help support the growth of the business. The role of Financial Controller is responsible for the reporting and control of financial performance and works closely with the FD, CFO and Commercial team.
The Financial Controller will, of course, take ownership of the preparation of Group's statutory accounts, ensuring all accounts are produced in line with regulatory requirements. In addition, you will produce detailed financial information for annual tax packs, lead on the external audit and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems. The role would suit a first time mover out of Practice with Financial Services audit experience or an Industry experienced Finance Manager or Controller with recent experience of workingin the Financial Services sector. The successful applicant therefore needs to have experience of:
- Leading the UK audit process including preparation of and submission of statutory accounts
- Corporate reporting - Balance Sheet, cash flow, VAT, Corporation Tax etc
- Leading the month-end close process
- Perform month-end close and year end close procedures.
- Perform cash management and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare the budget/reforecast for the Company.
- Leading the quarterly review and submission process for the multiple legal entities
As such, you will:to remain 'hands-on'
- Big 4 ACA qualified with either Financial Services audti experience or Financial Services sector exposure gained whilst working in Industry
- The ability to manage a small team
- Have a current working knowledge of UKGAAP, IFRS, etc
Given the stage of the organisation's development, growth trajectory and forecast market share this is a fantastic career opportunity to work alongside some of the UK's leading minds and be mentored into a more senior role over time.
If you are hungry for success, career-orientated and wish to join a leading entrepreneurial business which offers career development and the opportunity to be part of a start-up environment then please contact me immediately.