Resourcery Group are recruiting for a Manufactuirng Financial Controller role close to Warrington and Runcorn for a UK subsidiary of a larger, global US parent Group. A sub £40m t/o UK facility, reporting to the MD and working as a vital cog in the SLT you will have full P&L and BS responsibility and be operationally and commercially astute.
As Financial Controller you will mange a small and capable finance function (4) for the UK business, ensuring the UK's compliance with SOX and reporting to Group. Working in a leadership role the Financial Controller is effectively the Head of Finance and number 1 in UK finance and, as such, will be required to influence cross-functionally driving commercial and operational improvements. Being a UK manufacturer in a commodity-led sector, cost control and rationalisation will play a significant role in the day-to-day activities.
The Financial Controller will:
- act as a confidant and sounding board to a vastly experience MD
- as well as ensure all Group and UK statutory reporting requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with SOX
- act as a business partner to the Operational and Commercial Directors, providing advice, insight and direction on key commercial issues and cost saving initiatives as well as working capital management
- As this role will be reporting to the US a knowledge of US GAAP would be beneficial
Applicants to the role of Financial Controller/Head of Finance should be:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- A proven Financial Controller or Head of Finance in a sub-£40m t/o subsidiary of a foreign (preferably US) parent group.
- A leader and mentor to a small finance function
- A competent sounding board to the SLT and MD
- Commercially and operationally astute and a strong cross-functional stakeholder manager.
Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies.
Resourcery Group have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading businesses, from owner-managed, PE-backed to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach.
Resourcery Group specialise in the identification, attraction, resourcing and retention providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified markets for Industry & Commerce.
Please visit our website: www.resourcerygroup.com or call 0151 345 9040 for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.