Resourcery Group are working on behalf of a well-known Liverpool Financial Services business to recruit a newly created Financial Controller role. A fantastic career opportunity for a first or second time mover out of Practice.
Our client is a market leader within their sector, driving change through transformation across every area of the business. As a result of an on-going drive to enhance the finance capability and delivery to cross-functional stakeholders the business has identified the need to recruit a technically-minded Financial Controller to lead on critical finance areas such as the year end audit and statutory accounts production, financial control and process improvement.
This Liverpool-based client is a large and complex corporate requiring a gifted and career-orientated Financial Controller. Given the nature of the role a Practice background and strong technical underpinning/knowledge base are essential. The role is unique in the career mentoring and development opportunities it can afford in the NW market.
Reporting to the CFO/Head of Finance the Financial Controller will be responsible for a number of specific areas of finance including:
- Delivery of the annual report and accounts interacting with a wide variety of senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead the year end external audit acting as the main poc for the auditors
- Oversee the year end close and review all technical accounting papers across the Group
- Review the month/quarter end close process
- provide appropriate challenge and analytic review of financial submissions
- review monthly management accounts and financial statements
- implement and improve financial controls, and processes
- provide technical accounting and reporting support across finance
Applicants should therefore:
- hold an ACA qualification
- be able to demonstrate prior experience in a similarly technically orientated role ideally in Industry or at a senior level in Practice