Our client is a £54m t/o business services company based in Lancashire that is looking to bring on board a Financial Controller with the appetite to progress in the Finance Director's role within 2-3 years time.
We are looking to introduce to our client an experienced leader of a large finance function with the ability to develop and mentor a team to successful outcomes. This Financial Controller will need to have proven ability in identifying, project managing and delivering change where required therefore finance transformation skills are a must. You will need to be experienced in working as part of a senior management team and contributing towards the strategic direction of the company. This role requires someone to who is hungry for the future career progression that this position offers.
Key duties will include:
- Overseeing the management reporting function are responsible for output around management information production, budgeting & forecasting, finance business partnering, management accounting, financial planning & analysis (FP&A)
- Complex financial modelling for contracts to influence commercial decision making
- Overseeing the financial accounting function and the statutory reporting along with expenditure
- Driving better business performance and developing consistent output from the team
- Identifying areas for process improvement and project manage the delivery of those for real benefit and value to the company in a cost effective manner
- To play a key part in future acquisitions and the integration of those companies into the existing structure
- Being the primary point of contact with external bodies such as the auditors, funders and HMRC etc
You will need to be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Be a proven leader of people and managed teams of 15-20 people
- Proven track record in process improvement