Resourcery Group are supporting a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial Financial Services business near Chester to recruit a tenured and industry expert Financial Analysis Manager to provide commercial analytical insight, driving strategy forward, enhancing commercial decision-making, delivering performance and margin improvements.
This is a specialist role suited to those with experience working within the Financial Services sector, with a specific focus on Retail Banking products; mortgages, loans, savings, credit cards, etc. The consumer finance products focus requires applicants to the role of Financial Analysis Manager to be au fait with the terminology, regulations and commercial drivers associated with the sector.
As the Financial Analysis Manager, you will be responsible for understanding the key drivers of business performance, and possess expert, hands-on ability to mine, interrogate and analyse large data sets across multiple product areas providing clarity of thought and insight into behavioural trends, helping the business to more accurately forecast future performance.
As such, you are ideally required to possess:
- excellent Microsoft Excel and modelling skills (knowledge of SQL, VBA and even SAS is useful)
- a background in retail banking/financial services
- a strong Financial Planning & Analysis background with first hand experience or working with the most senior stakeholders in a business to provide insight and drive enhanced decision making
- experience of financial forecasting (RoI, RoCE, cashflow) and budget preparation
- experience or new product development, product pricing, test and control analysis, capital and liquidity planning
Given the entrepreneurial and growth nature of our client, the boundaries of the role, where this role stops and another starts, are determined as much by the capability, conscientiousness and drive of the successful applicant, as they are by the demands of the business. As such, whilst there are core requirements to the role and key areas of delivery, the scope of the role and breadth of your impact as Financial Analysis Manager is in part limited by your drive, enthusiasm and aspiration.
Working closely partnership with the Head of FP&A and alongside the FC and CFO, you will play an integral and key commercial role in the design and delivery of strategy and margin growth. Few roles exist in the NW market that offer a career opportunity with such a forward-thinking business.
Applicants should (ideally):
- be from a Financial Services background
- understand retail products
- be an expert analysis, modeller and senior stakeholder business partner
- be performance and profitability orientated
- perhaps be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or from a credit risk background