A global specialist engineering group that designs, manufacturers and services highly engineered products, based in the Runcorn area are looking for a Group Financial Accountant. The Group work with industrial customers across a range of high growth sectors. The £250m t/o business has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Drive improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and systems within the department
- Management of accounting and monthly reporting for various head-office entities;
- Assist with the preparation of the Group's Annual and Half Year Financial Statements, including full responsibility for the Group's consolidation process;
- Project manage the subsidiary statutory accounts process and prepare the statutory accounts for a number of UK entities;
- Work with our auditors to ensure an effective and efficient external audit process;
- Assist in reviewing and analysing the impact on the Group of upcoming changes in accounting standards;
- Assist with the preparation of acquisition opening balance sheets, as appropriate;
- Support the forthcoming changes to IFRS reporting for the Group; and
- Other ad-hoc finance related projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate:
- Have trained with either a Big 4 or Top 10 accountancy practice
- Be technically up to date
- ACA or ACCA fully qualified
- Be keen to be considered for the permanent role longer term preferably