Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a leading Engineering business based near Crewe who are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller to take ownership of the P&L and Balance Sheet managing a small but capable team. This role works closely with the Finance Director as the number two in Finance for the UK and will play an integral part in the successful, profitable growth of the business over the next 3 years.
Resourcery Group are working with a UK Engineering business, who are part of a wider foreign-owned Group of businesses. The business works in partnership with a number of global organisations and has a robust order book into 2018 and beyond. The business has significant CAPEX spend signed off for 2018 with change projects that will impact all aspects of the business. As such, this represents an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their change management experience rapidly whilst taking day to day accountability for a finance function.
Managing a small but capable Finance team (5) the Finance Manager/Financial Controller will be a key member of the Senior Management Team and true business partner to the UK Leadership Team. As the right hand and confidant to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager/Financial Controller will take ownership of all corporate, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasting preparation as well as internal control policies and procedures. As such, you will be responsible for managing all the accounting operations - Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, etc - as well as manage the Audit,Tax and Statutory requirements. You will oversee the operation of the entire finance function, setting KPIs and targets and designing frameworks for these to be achieved. You will own the budget and quarterly forecast processes and develop robust forecasting to drive business performance. You will also have responsibility for cash flow management and CAPEX review and preparation. As the lead finance person you will act as a conduit between finance and operations and MUST possess experience of influencing non-finance stakeholders, capable of driving through cost-reduction initiatives/purchase savings/productivity improvements
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified accountant.
- Finance Leadership experience and eam management experience is essential.
- Statutory accounts production experience.
- Robust Manufacturing and Engineering background.
- Exceptional communicator with high levels of EQ/Emotional Intelligence.
- Cost centre experience and cost challenge/focus/orientation.
- Understand cost of sales impact on EBITDA performance.
- Be used to working with role ambiguity and be proactive in driving a culture and mindset of change.
- Experience of working in a turnaround would be beneficial.
- Working as part of a foreign-owned Group.