Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a leading Business Services organisation which operates contracts/projects across the UK. Due to continued growth via acquisition and organically, the business requires an experienced Finance Manager to act as a project lead and key stakeholder manager ensuring the profitable and successful delivery of this critical and £xxxm capex project.
The Group is an extremely successful one and has continued to grow over the past 5 years. Due to this continued expansion and the winning of a multitude of new contracts our client is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager. If you wish to build a career in a leading regional business working closely with and FD, GM and Board, as well as Private Equity backers then read on.
The Finance Manager reports to the Finance Director but requires a capable individual comfortable working with and influencing at a Project Board level guaranteeing returns to Project Shareholders. You will be responsible for senior internal and external stakeholders working on an autonomous basis. You need to be proactive and a self-starter as at time will work remotely and must be able to identify risks and opportunities and offer suitable solutions and courses of action as appropriate. Given the senior focus of this role you must possess gravitas, strength of personality and self-belief. The Finance Manager role is an expansive one and provides a solid stepping stone to becoming a Head of Finance within the business in a short space of time.
Given the project finance nature of the role you will be required to travel to different sites on a monthly basis however you will retain a large degree of autonomy over your diary and planning
- Working in partnership with the FD, GM and Board, advising operational and commercial teams to make enhanced commercial and operational decisions
- Monthly management account reviews and instruct Accounts team on management accounting issues
- Review annual operating budgets
- Manage the statutory audit process and secure approval of statutory accounts
- Attend Board meetings and present financial results providing challenge and advice
- Maintain financial and company secretarial policies
- Manage business tax and insurance affairs
- Manage the key cross-functional internal stakeholders, external advisers, as well as client relationships
- Support the preparation of the Board report and advise on risk, opportunities and recommendations.
- Manage aged debtors and creditors
- Manage internal compliance procedures
- Big 4 or Top Ten ACA an advantage but ACCA/CIMA qualified if possess experience of project finance within infrastructure/consultancy
- Strong analytical skills and use of financial models in Excel
- Ability to analyse data and contracts and provide clear and concise verbal and written advice to drive change and profitability
- Possess strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills and high levels of EQ sufficient to influence at a Board level and with senior external stakeholders.