Resourcery Group are working in an exclusive partnership with a leading business based in the Liverpool area. The business has continued to grow over the past 5 years and has exciting projects scheduled for 2017 and beyond. Due to this continued expansion and the winning of new contracts our client is looking to recruit an experience ACA Qualified Finance Manager. If you wish to build a career in a leading regional business working closely with and FD, GM and Board, as well as senior external contacts and clients then read on.
The role reports to the Finance Director but requires a capable individual comfortable working with senior internal and external stakeholders on an autonomous basis. You need to be proactive and a self-starter and be able to identify risks and opportunities and offer suitable solutions and courses of action as appropriate. Given the senior focus of this role you must possess gravitas, strength of personality and self-belief. The role requires candidates with a strong technical background as the nature of the business requires a compliance and risk mindset. The role is an expansive one and provides a solid foundation stone on the path to becoming an FD.
- Working in partnership with the FD, GM and Board, advising operational and commercial teams to make enhanced commercial and operational decisions
- Monthly management account reviews and instruct Accounts team on management accounting issues
- Review annual operating budgets
- Manage the statutory audit process and secure approval of statutory accounts
- Attend Board meetings and present financial results providing challenge and advice
- Maintain financial and company secretarial policies
- Manage business tax and insurance affairs
- Manage the key cross-functional internal stakeholders, external advisers, as well as client relationships
- Support the preparation of the Board report and advise on risk, opportunities and recommendations.
- Manage aged debtors and creditors
- Manage internal compliance procedures
- ACA Qualified only
- Strong working knowledge of financial management and project finance
- Strong analytical skills and use of financial models in Excel
- Ability to analyse data and contracts and provide clear and concise verbal and written advice to drive change and profitability
- Possess strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills and high levels of EQ