Resourcery Group are working in support of a global, listed, multi-billion turnover Services Group to recruit a UK Finance Director with accountability for Continental Europe and the Middle East.
Based from a site situated in the North West, near Warrington, the Finance Director will play a key strategic role in supporting the UK MD in strategy formulation, design and delivery. Commercially and operationally astute, the Finance Director will act as a sounding board and confidant to the MD, sense checking and sounding out ideas whilst providing strong critique and positive push back where required. As such, the Finance Director is required to possess prior experience operating in such a role, exceptional levels of stakeholder management and influence, and high degrees of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). You will be well-versed at operating at and influencing an Exec Board and C-suite level both in the UK and overseas, ideally within an international, listed organisation.
As the Finance Director for the UK, Europe and Middle East you will have full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility across multiple regions, reporting to Group overseas and a Group FD. Given the global nature of the role and the business you will be well-versed in managing multiple competing stakeholders across multiple competing time zones with dual reporting to the UK MD and Group. In the UK you will manage, via a senior team, a SSC, as well as overseeing teams across EMEA in finance and business service functions. In addition to your strategic and commercial influence , you will also be accountable for the completion of statutory and SOx audits across local regions.
This is a critical business and leadership role for a major UK business. You will be a partner to the MD and working on a pan-European/Middle East/Asian basis liaising with Group in North America. You must be a leader. You must possess high levels of EQ and be capable of influencing at the highest level. Simultaneously, you must be comfortable and capable of leading by example within Finance and developing people and infrastructure to ensure the delivery of strategic objectives.
Applicants to the position of Finance Director should be:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified (MBA desirable)
- A senior leader with demonstrable experience operating as an FD in a similar sized and structured business
- Experienced at managing large finance teams across multiple location internationally
- Project-orientated, strategically-minded, delivery-focused Finance leader with strength of personality, gravitas, self-belief and conviction in one's own decision making.
- Emotionally Intelligent and an expert influencer of cross-functional stakeholders
- Experienced in large company systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Possess post acquisition integration and change experience
- Ideally have worked in a contract-led business within Manufacturing, Engineering, Professional Services, Consultancy