Resourcery Group are working with a global specialist manufacturing company to bring on board a Data Governance Analyst. This is to work for a great company who look for continuous improvement and welcome ideas for positive change.
You will be responsible for determining, implementing, maintaining and communicating data governance principles for all data related activities across the UK business.
As a data governance expert you will be a key figure in driving organisational change by demonstrating and promoting how effective Data Quality Management is an essential discipline for any modern organisation to compete effectively and deliver robust reporting and analytics.
The purpose of this role is to enable 'one version of the truth' and minimising the risk of error which currently exists through the manual handling of data and an inconsistent approach to master data management across the business, to enable robust reporting for effective decision making.
- To undertake a central role in setting up new data processes and reporting for governance activities;
- Responsible for ongoing operations related to regulatory data quality processes, associated reporting, SOX controls and internal audits;
- Work closely with all relevant departments and project teams to ensure data is delivered efficiently and accurately;
- Working with data owners to analyse existing data on a regular basis to ensure consistency and accuracy, including data cleansing;
- Work with the business to promote / increase data driven decisions;
- Consult and conduct root cause analysis on data issues to ensure delivery of an optimum resolution;
- Assist with the evaluation of alternative business processes to improve data governance;
- Responsible for risk and impact assessments working with data and process owners on data deficiencies and their resolutions;
- Facilitate change and implementation of new business processes for the relevant data, where required;
- Key project lead for the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, including Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsibilities;
- Provide support and expertise to end users and other team members;
- Ad-hoc project work as required across master data processes
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in data quality, controls and processes; translation of overarching principles into pragmatic business solutions at a corporate level
- Good knowledge of regulatory data governance requirements in particular Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- A thorough understanding of data quality analysis, standards and reporting.
- Enhanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyse, understand and explain complex requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, and consult effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Degree level educated or equivalent experience
- Oracle, OBIEE, Insight and SAP BPC tools experience would be desirable