Resourcery Group are working with a leading manufacturing business based in Merseyside to recruit a Cost Accountant.
This is a fantastic career opportunity working as part of a business that is global in scope and reach and can offer unparalleled career development. Training and development are central to the business values and working as an integral part of a small but very talented Costing team you will play a central role in driving efficiencies across the function. The position has arisen as a result of the rapid career progression of the role incumbent who has now been promoted in to a more senior role - proof of the focus placed on career and not just the job.
The Cost Accountant's role will include:
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation
- Identifying, analysing and reporting manufacturing cost variances
- Reviewing and controlling significant balance sheet postings and balances
- Regularly updating standard costs and authorising new product costings
- Monitor and reconcile GRNI accounts, stock, WIP accounts
- Control the transfer/journal of inventory transactions to the general ledger
- Uploading monthly journals to general ledger
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as required
- Enhancing the reporting provided to internal stakeholders primarily using AX & External reporting sources.
You will need to be:
- Qualified By Experience or ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with practical cost accounting experience
- Have experience of working in a medium/large business environment and have costing and variance reporting knowledge
- Preferably have knowledge of Business Objects, AX, SAP or Oracle and Excel
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information and to deadlines
- This role is accessible from Liverpool, Chester, North Wales, Warrington, Wirral, Runcorn and South Manchester.