A market leading FMCG company based in Liverpool, Merseyside are looking to bring on board a Cost Accountant to the team. This company are well established and have an international footprint too. A great opportunity for someone who understands costing; standard costing, unit costs and stock management!
- Production and analysis of weekly & monthly profit and loss (P&L) accounts and communication of report to the wider business
- Variances and analyse trends to influence and advise the business in regards to; accruals, pre-payments, overheads, variances to budget, weekly margins against standard,
- Reviewing; efficiencies, waste, cost in preparation of the budget and forecast, material and labour usage
- Take ownership of the financial evaluation of commercial projects from concept to launch and beyond, full involvement in the creation and costing of products to ensure correct pricing and margins achieved for product ventures
- Creation, review and analysis of rolling monthly commercial forecasts, budget preparation, submissions and re-forecasts
- Review of the monthly commercial finance pack
- Excellent analysis and financial interrogation skills
- Full grasp of production margins, bill of materials and variance reporting
- Stock management
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines
Ideally you will be:
- Immediately available or on short notice to take on an interim role with a view to becoming a permanent member of the team.
- Be part qualified/fully qualified CIMA/ACCA or be Qualified By Experience
- Preferably have prior experience within the food sector