Resourcery Group are recruiting in the Merseyside area of behalf a c.£300m t/o global manufacturing business who are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Finance Business Partner capable of interpreting and communicating to non-finance stakeholders the results of the business, highlighting corrective actions needed, and challenging and influencing cross-functional areas to drive those actions.
My client is a leading manufacturer of products we use in our everyday lives. They have grown impressively over the past 10 years from sub £150m to almost £300m due to a sustained organic and acquisitive growth strategy. Head-quartered locally there is a sizeable finance contingent in the North West meaning for those career-minded amongst you, this is a business you can stay with for the long-term and move both laterally and vertically.
The role of Commercial Finance Business Partner draws on financial planning and analysis , commercial finance, and stakeholder management skill sets. Applicants to the role must be capable of working with a centralised finance function and management accountants, providing base line numbers, and provide strategic insight into what those numbers are telling the business about performance. The role of the Commercial Finance Business Partner is to interpret, understand, assimilate, communicate complex and varied information and drive change through stakeholder engagement.
As such, my client is looking for a Commercial Finance Business Partner with a strong commercial finance background (preferably gained in a manufacturing environment), who is also a capable analyst. Someone who can interpret and communicate to non-finance business partners the results of the business. On a day-to-day basis the Commercial Finance Business Partner will be influence the most senior commercial stakeholders in the organisation. The internal and external exposure the successful applicant will gain to senior decision-makers is significant. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor business performance and identify critical performance drivers which require specific management attention.
- Ensure management have the information and insight required to drive decision making, working with the Management Accounting team and/ or developing reporting & analysis
- Manage the NPD pipeline from a financial point of view, ensuring projects meet margin expectations, highlighting key decision points and supporting the decision-making process
- Support the functions to complete rolling forecast and plan review processes to continually anticipate expected business performance and deviations versus plan and generate appropriate remedial actions.
- Proactively support the commercial teams to optimise pricing in the light of material cost development, including supporting sales teams in negotiations.
- Support the decision making process on key business changes: major tenders, capital projects, opex changes (e.g. shift patterns) with scenario-based financial modelling - "what-if" analysis.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring optimal use of production capacity according to financial benchmarks
Applicants to the role of Commercial Finance Business Partner will:
- Be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Possess experience of working as a FInance Business Partner in Manufacturing, FMCG, Consumer Products or Engineering sectors
- Be an experienced senior stakeholder manager capable of working with varying work and management styles delivering value to non-finance areas which impact the P&L
- Be a leader of change and catalyst for performance improvement
- Possess strong, hands-on modelling and analytical skills
Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies.
Resourcery Group has grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading businesses, from owner-managed and PE-backed to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach.
Resourcery Group specialise in talent identification, attraction, resourcing and retention, providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified markets in Industry & Commerce.
Please visit our website: www.resourcerygroup.com or call 0151 345 9040 for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.