Resourcery Group are working in partnership with a £100m t/o FMCG business near Warrington to recruit a Commercial Analyst with responsibility for driving enhanced commercial decision making.
As Commercial Analyst you will be responsible for the provision of bespoke analysis to senior cross-functional stakeholders with the aim of driving more informed business decision making; encouraging the business to hold efficient stock levels without eroding levels of customer service levels, minimising working capital requirements.
Working closely with the Commercial Sales teams, the Commercial Analyst be responsible for the analysis of sales and margin, actuals and forecast, providing insight around historic/future sales performance, as well as, the provision of inventory analysis on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. You will also be responsible for the development and reporting of KPIs, risks and opportunities to EBITDA, customer service and working capital.
Given the size of the business at £100m, the role of Commercial Analyst is naturally one which is cross-functional and will require you to liaise with Sales & Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain and be the main point of contact for senior management in inventory forecasting and sales analysis.
Core responsibilities included amongst others:
- Provision of the insightful analysis for Senior Managers across the business as well as shareholders with a specific focus on stock, sales performance, cash flow and financing
- Provision of sales and margin analysis maximising opportunities and minimising risks
- Ensure production planning forecasts are in line with inventory requirements
- Produce high level monthly, quarterly and annual production demand plans
- Reporting and analysis using Excel and Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly KPIs
- Optimise Working Capital requirements
- Produce weekly sales and inventory reports and analysis
- Review and challenge sales forecasts and then produce inventory forecasts
- Provide analysis compared to budget, prior month and prior years
- Assist with working capital and scenario modelling
Successful applicants to the role of Commercial Analyst based near Warrington should be:
- CIMA or ACCA Qualified (or working towards a qualification (not stopped studier or QBE)).
- Possess advanced Excel skills including Look-ups, what-ifs, manipulation of existing Macros etc.
- Be an exceptional non-finance stakeholder manager capable of communicating at all levels in an organisation, specifically with Sales & Markertin and Supply Chain.
- Be persuasive and empathetic, capable of influencing through financial analysis and insight
- Possess high degree of Emotional Quotient or EQ.
- Ideally be experienced at working in a very fast-paced FMCG business which is naturally cost-focused/working capital intensive.Knowledge of Dynamics GP is helpful but not essential.