Resourcery Group are working with one of Liverpool premier employers on a newly created position within their finance function. This role has been created to support the financial controller due to business growth and expansion. The organisation is one of the Liverpool city regions employers of choice for aspiring professionals looking to grow their career and reputation.
Based at their city centre office the assistant financial controller in preparation of all financial/statutory accounting records and reports relating to the business and its subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will be qualified or part qualified working in a similar position with recent experience and exposure to producing statutory accounts and financial accounts.
Sector experience and knowledge and exposure are not key drives but technical ability and personal attributes such as strong communication, flexibility and professionalism are key.
Duties of Assistant Financial Controller/Financial Accountant
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly control files and reconciliations (in conjunction with Management Accountants) for all trading entities
- Support and conduct internal audit duties in line with internal quality assurance
- Support in the production of all statutory accounts, including group financial accounting, foreign subsidiaries and branches
- Key contact during annual audit
- Preparation of audit files
- Work with Financial controller to support maintenance of tax compliance processes
- Assist in production of monthly reporting pack, including group consolidations
- Assist in maintenance / production of integrated forecasts/budgets
- Management and reconciliation of inter-company trading / transactions
- KPI reporting
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Bank reporting / covenant testing
- Review and improvement of financial systems and processes