Resourcery Group are currently supporting a global Engineering business to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager in Manchester. The successful applicant will be commercially-minded, career-orientated and capable of building strong relationships with a variety of key stakeholders. You will be either Part Qualified or newly Qualified.
Responsibilities included supporting the finance manager and project teams with a variety of tasks:
- Producing reporting on company financial performance with comprehensive variance analysis and reviews - covering key areas such as P&L, cash, backlog
- Helping achieve month-end deadlines
- Adhere to revenue recognition policy and processes/controls
- Produce timely and accurate budget and forecast data with full variance and trend analysis.
- Provide project cash flow forecasts and assist in reporting for monthly WIP and debt reviews to improve/maintain working capital.
- Project administration ensuring appropriate documentation is in place for review by finance manager to allow accurate project set-up, execution and close
- Preparation and review of internal fee rates sales rates to maximise commercial agreements
- Ad-hoc duties including system development, contract set-up, tender support, internal/external audit processes, client audits, cost reviews and trend analysis
- Build strong relationships and collaborate closely with project teams helping drive enhanced project performance.
Candidates must be:
- Qualified or studying towards a Qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Commercially minded
- Possess strong Excel and analytical skills
- Career motivated
- Used to working in a large corporate environment (ideally)