Resourcery Group are working with one of the regions employers of choice to recruit for a unique career opportunity as an Assistant Finance Business Partner (PQ to 1-2 years PQE) to join a growing Finance team based in Liverpool.
You will be joining a finance team that drives the business throught the provision of first class management information and analysis. The successful candidate will report directly into the Finance Controller and also have access to the FD who is a visible leader for the function and business. In this role you will be supported to further develop your business partnering skills across the operations and wider business contracts. Responsibilities include:
- Monthly variance analyses, root cause analysis & action plans to improve performance.
- Improve current FBP process & implement new ones to improve the service provided by finance
- Budgeting and forecasting ensuring forecasts reflect plans to improve the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve business performance
- Effective management of key FBP processes such as capital investments, variance analysis & cost control and internal control audits
- Responsible for preparing presentations to senior management
- Supporting Finance Business Partners in regional meetings and site reviews
- The provision of insight and support using both financial and non-financial data and KPI's
- Challenge General Managers on their site performance, future plans and outlook
- Primary contact with off-site finance shared services team
- The role will require occasional travel to sites in Merseyside, Manchester and North Wales
Your skill set will grow to incorporate detailed strong management accounting skills, in particular variance analysis and investigation of variances. Using your strong communication skills you will pro-actively liaise with various internal teams/stakeholders to ensure the figures you are reporting on are investigated thoroughly - providing a detailed commentary which will support the monthly board pack.
There is scope in this role for you to develop into a strong business partner within this finance team, therefore our client is looking for candidates who are ambitious and keen to develop their skills further.
Successful applicants will be:
- Part-qualified or Fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) accountant
- Industry experience is not essential we are looking for the best talent in the region, strong academics and positive attitude are two essential criteria for this business and finance team
- Strong analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Preferably experience of working in a larger turnover business using systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Robust Microsoft Excel skills
This role would ideally suit a candidate looking to make a promotional move (keen to develop their finance business partnering skills more), or perhaps you are looking to make a sideways move to a business who can offer you a positive working environment, career progression, benefit package including birthday leave.