Resourcery Group are working with a widely recognised FMCG business in Manchester who are currently looking to add a newly created role of Assistant Management Accountant for their operation in Manchester. This role will have management of the transactional team and will support the Finance controller in the preparation of monthly management accounts and commentary on finance performance.
This is a fantastic role for any aspiring accountant who will have day to day exposure to the Finance controller of a world famous brand in a supportive fast paced environment.
- A key member of the finance team, assist and supervise the transitional team in the build up to month end.
- Manage the purchase ledger and authorise payment runs to suppliers.
- Authorising customer debit notes that are within promotional dates.
- Oversea and be of assistance to the rest of the team.
- Produce accurate weekly reporting in both forecast and actuals up to NOP
- Confidence in ad-hoc reporting and analysis, producing when instructed by management
- Accurate preparation of month end and knowledge of numbers.
- Producing reports and KPI's on weekly business results.
- Analysis of Navision (ERP) system processes and output including investigating issues.
- Sales analysis, supervision of ledger and accruals accounts
- Ad-hoc reporting towards management accounts.
- Continuous improvement of finance department and streamlining processes.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and knowledge of balances.
* Previous similar accounts experience
* Highly motivated, enthusiastic individual
* Excellent communication skills
* Decision making/ problem solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively, maintaining a positive outlook, under pressure
* Ability to influence/ negotiate.
* Excellent organisation skills and plan workload efficiently.