Finance Director designate role.
I am looking for a Financial Controller for my high growth and profitable SME client based in North Liverpool. This is an excellent opportunity for an SME Financial Controller who is looking to step up to a Finance Director role in the next 18 months. Our client has a brilliant reputation and is highly regarded in the industry they operate but also as a place to work. Put simply, opportunities like this don't come around too often.
Take full responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function, ensuring excellent financial control environment and an effective, enquiring role as an internal business partner identifying and explaining performance, reporting, and supporting improvement of all operational activities.
Ensure the business complies with all statutory reporting guidelines and deadlines.
- Working closely with the Finance Director on routine and ad hoc financial activities
- Support the Accounts Assistants with her daily tasks of transaction processing in Sage (Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Expenses, Cash & Bank, Payroll, etc)
- Line Manager responsibilities for the well-being and team performance of the Accounts Assistants
- The completion of local and Group monthly management reporting
- Completion of all VAT and Customs aspects of the local business (UK) including Returns and Intrastat requirements
- Nominal Ledger postings, including accruals and prepayments, depreciation, currency conversions and general journals
- Fixed asset tracking, recording, and recognition, including disposal transactions
- Monthly forecast updates and reporting for the local site
- Monthly budget variance reporting for the local site
- Cashflow forecasting and cash management
- Assisting with the Annual Budget preparation, information collating, verification and reporting for the local site to the Finance Director
- Any ad hoc Financial Reporting for the Group and Local Management
- Preparation for and participation in audits ensuring completion of any audits that are required for the UK, internally or externally, including ISO, Tax and Statutory reporting for the UK
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Financial Controller who ideally has previous experience of working in a manufacturing business and is used to a very hands-on role.
- Be capable of managing a small team and being part of the site’s Operational Management Team.
- Used to successfully hitting deadlines and committed to delivering to best professional practices.
- Experience of working with an ERP system will be of additional value.
- Experience of working in Sage would be helpful but not essential.