Resourcery Group are recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing PLC to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager in Crewe, £45-50k plus package.
As Financial Reporting Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Finance Accounting team, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting on a monthly basis. The role of the Financial Reporting Manager is to ensure integrity of the financial records and issue financial information of a high quality for the entities. Continuously improve the service and drive process improvement through management and operational efficiencies.
Critical areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Review of Balance Sheet reconciliations to timelines
- Production of meaningful commentary for reporting packs
- Providing and understanding any variances
- Completion of duties to timetables
The role is expansive and covers:
- Completion, consolidation and overview and management of Month-End process to deadlines
- Review and analyse and P&L performance, Balance Sheet and KPI's
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Management and review of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the accuracy of the financial accounting and implementing technical or regulatory update
- Provide data and analysis to Group to agreed deadlines
- Prepare and review Group Reporting and Board Pack
- Lead the year- end audit, fulfilling all auditor information requests with no significant management points
- Management and preparation of the Statutory Accounts
- Year-end close down of nominal ledger in Codas and Cognos
- Liaising with sites on stock, sales and other accounting queries
- Business reviews with site managers
VAT & Tax
- Monthly VAT return calculation, posting and submission to Group
- Tax Packs on monthly basis
- Weekly review of compliance on non-standard VAT sales
- Review and monitor VAT & PAYE regulations and updates
Financial & Performance
- Assist in the achievement of EBIT and cash flow by managing efficiencies.
- Ensure a consistent approach is provided across all areas of the business to deliver and measure performance.
Successful applicants will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Possess excellent IT skills (VLOOKUP & pivot tables) and the ability to learn.
- Posses analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and problem solving.
- Possess Statutory Accounting experience.
- Ideally have experience of manufacturing or distribution sectors
- Have experience of using Cognos TM1