A reputable client based in Lancashire with a Not for Profit and Commercial arm are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join the team in a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager's role.
The role holder will be tasked with taking ownership for financial planning and reporting processes, developing MI and budgets and forecasts. There is also an element of systems work too to ensure that the organisation is getting the best out of the available tools to facilitate quicker and more enhanced reporting to the broader teams.
Key duties include:
- Deliver the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting and modelling tools.
- Develop financial models and analysis to help improve business performance.
- Improve budget and forecasts processes.
- Support forecasting of cash balances.
- System accountabilities:
- Functional management of all aspects of Oracle Efinancials
- Ensure integrity of data and report accuracy
- Design and lead training to all system stakeholders
- Co-ordinate finance data requirements with internal stakeholders.
- Support successful implementation of Finance Transformation project.
- Preparation of statutory report model and external returns.
- Support development of, and compliance with, financial regulations and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with the auditors, HMRC, funding bodies and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate needs to be:
- A fully qualified accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACA - QBE's can not be considered for this opportunity unfortuantely
- Have a forward thinking attitude and be proactive in developing ideas for improved ways of reporting
- Be a team player and be a good communicator
- Be keen to contribute towards transformation and continuous improvement of the accounting and reporting functions
- Have strong financial modelling skills