Resourcery Group are working on behalf of a well-known Liverpool Financial Services business to recruit a newly created Financial Controller role.
Our client is a market leader within their sector, driving change through transformation across every area of the business. As a result of an on-going drive to enhance the finance capability and delivery to cross-functional stakeholders the business has identified the need to recruit a technically-minded Financial Controller to lead on critical finance areas such as the year end audit and statutory accounts production, financial control and process improvement.
This Liverpool-based client is a large and complex corporate requiring a gifted and career-orientated Financial Controller. Given the nature of the role a Practice background and strong technical underpinning/knowledge base are essential. The corporate nature of the role and size of business suggest that the successful applicant would most likely hail from a similarly large company, professional environment.
Reporting to the CFO/Head of Finance the Financial Controller will be responsible for a number of specific areas of finance including:
- Delivery of the annual report and accounts interacting with a wide variety of senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead the year end external audit acting as the main poc for the auditors
- Oversee the year end close and review all technical accounting papers across the Group
- Review the month/quarter end close process
- provide appropriate challenge and analytic review of financial submissions
- review monthly management accounts and financial statements
- implement and improve financial controls, and processes
- provide technical accounting and reporting support across finance
Applicants should therefore:
- be ACA/ACCA qualification
- possess experience working in a large, multi-million (£xxxm) t/o corporate (ideally)
- be able to demonstrate prior experience in a similarly technically orientated role ideally in Industry or at a senior level in Practice
- possess an understanding of Financial Services such as Wealth Management, Investment Management, Banking (Retail) - Insurance, Pensions, Mortgage, Savings products would be beneficial for sector and business understanding