Resourcery Group are supporting an international project services company based in Warrington to bring on board a qualified accountant with strong financial accounting and consolidation skills. This is a 3 month temporary role.
External statutory reporting
- Consolidation of all required information and preparation for the Annual Report and Accounts including all notes, other ancillary financial disclosures and monthly processes as required;
- Primary contact with the external auditors for the planning, execution and completion of the year-end process;
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and review of the UK legal entity statutory financial statements;
- Liaison with the HQ Consolidation team to ensure consistency in the process, timing and key judgements of the parent year-end process and the UK reporting process;
- Ownership of complex accounting areas and disclosures in the main accounts and including but not limited to retirement benefits, scheme of arrangement, joint venture accounting, discontinued operations;
- Key point of contact for IFRS reporting compliance and guidance;
- Ensuring Tagetik consolidation tool is appropriately updated to ensure reliable and accurate monthly and statutory accounts to be produced for the UK;
- Alignment of financial data and disclosures between Tagetik and the HQ consolidation tool.
To support the Head of Finance and Corporate Services team with any processing, maintaining or reporting output required for the key entities including but not limited to:
- Month end actuals reporting into Tagetik for consolidation purposes from around the group;
- Monthly variance reporting and review of the consolidated results;
- Budgeting and forecasting with appropriate input from cost centre budget holders for the central corporate cost centres for the company;
Other ad-hoc responsibilities of this role may include:
- Challenge existing processes and practices to improve, streamline and increase efficiency;
- Project work as required for financing, funding, financial processes, reporting or internal controls;
- Support the Company Secretarial team with changes in the group organisational structure;
- Assist the Treasury and Legal team on corporate/legal entity restructures and internal reorganisations.