A market leading company with a £50m t/o based in Lancashire are looking to bring on board a Financial Accountant ASAP.
The purpose of the role:
To assist with the preparation and analysis of financial and statutory reporting and own financial information within the balance sheet, ensuring that all information is accurate and timely.
- Complete all statutory reporting, including statutory accounts, VAT and other regulatory reporting
- Ensure the information within the balance sheet and cash flow are accurate and ensure all controls are operating effectively to protect the integrity of financial information
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all amounts are allocated to the correct ledgers and all balance sheet values are appropriate
- Own cash flow analysis and maintenance on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy of information
- Work with the Financial Controller to identify areas for process improvement/ automation, and to implement solutions, working with the Systems and IT team as appropriate
- Prepare the Statutory Accounts and coordinate the statutory audit, including interaction with the audit field team
- Respond to ad hoc queries regarding statutory reporting and cash, including VAT, cash forecasting and statutory accounts
- Contribute to preparation of month end management information as appropriate
- Be responsible for the Sales & Purchase ledger functions
You will need to be:
- A fully qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA or CIMA with relevant experience
- Strong team player with an organised, methodical and proactive approach