This is a great opportunity to work for a global multinational manufacturing company with a base in Merseyside. They have grown rapidly and are looking to bolster their Cost Accounting team by newly creating this position.
The Cost Accountant's role will include:
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation
- Enhancing the reporting provided to internal stakeholders primarily using SAP & External reporting sources.
- Identifying, analysing and reporting manufacturing cost variances
- Reviewing and controlling significant balance sheet postings and balances
- Regularly updating standard costs and authorising new product costings
- Monitor and reconcile GRNI accounts, stock, WIP accounts
- the transfer/journal of inventory transactions to the general ledger
- Uploading monthly journals to general ledger
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as required
You will need to be:
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or QBE with practical cost accounting experience
- Have experience of working in a medium/large business environment and have costing and variance reporting knowledge
- Preferably have knowledge of Business Objects, a large ERP system such as SAP or Oracle and Excel
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information and to deadlines
This role is accessible from Liverpool, Chester, North Wales, Warrington, Wirral, Runcorn and South Manchester.